Have you ever asked yourself that question? How far would you go for love?
That question has been bugging my head since I opened the invitation for Cartier’s private party. I started to ask myself what were the things that I did for the sake of love and what others I can possibly do if ever I fall in love again.
Commes des Garcons PLAY shirt, red-and-black plaid pants from an underground bazaar, vintage hat, sunglasses from a store in the department store and Versace x H&M boots
Click for more photos and reads.
Recalling my past, I have done a number of crazy things because of love.
1. I’ve given myself to that person and never regretted that I lost “IT”. Doing it for the first time with the person you love is the best experience ever. It puts a deeper, more special and divine meaning to this physical union.
2. I lost my eagerness about school because I was confused whether I would be a thespian or a teacher. But the guy I loved then had very good grades and was doing really well at school so I got inspired and did my best so I could be like him. I thought that by doing so, he would notice me. Well, it worked. He kinda noticed me but he never looked at me that way I looked at him.
3. I agreed to be with this guy even though I was number 2. I’ve known him for 7 years and I really liked him since we met. We got closer but he never declared his feelings for me (I think because he was confused of his sexuality). We would always fight like cats and dogs but then, every time we separate ways, destiny would always put us back together. It was kinda weird when he asked me if he could be my boyfriend a few minutes after that epiphany. Since I’ve known him for years, I said yes even though I knew he had a girlfriend. We broke up after 2 months. Apparently, something wrong will never be right and will never last.
4. I will never be ashamed of this. Yes, I gave money to the person I loved because I knew it was something that will help him. I never saw myself as a sugar daddy for another guy, knowing that I am too stingy when it comes to money matters but it’s hard to resist someone (especially someone you love) who is in desperate need of financial help. I don’t give money to spoil. I give it to help. And I think that’s enough words for me to justify myself.
5. I was in love with this guy and I would usually sneak out from school or from my extra curricular activities just to be with him. I didn’t care at all about the cost. All I wanted was to spend more time with him and that was all that mattered to me. Then, everybody in my class and my school organization friends would be furious with me for being irresponsible.
6. I was able to write my first one-act play written in Filipino based on my experience with this guy who I loved for 6 years, starting from my sophomore year in college until my 2nd year here in Japan. The experience was long enough and there was plenty inspiration that moved and inspired me to write that bittersweet story about two people and how their wheels of fate turned 10 years after they last saw each other.
If you look at this list, you might say that my experience is too raw and quite immature. They seem to be very amateur and might even say that I actually don’t have any actually have an experience of what true love is. Yet, if you think about it, those were the deals when you were younger years. Now that I’m an adult, I bet there are bigger risks and challenges if I fall in love again. If you’ll ask me what they are, I have no idea but I’m sure that they’ll be more dangerous than skipping school.
How about you guys? How far would you go for love?